RELATED TO COMPLAINT AND APPLICATION
The Engineering Department can receive and resolve a complaint/application related to the Council’s property damages such as road, drainage, bumper, street light as well as the damages of the building, market and stall which is under the Council administration area.
An applicant may send an application letter to the Engineering Department. The department will review the application whether it is qualified to be reconsider, related to the street light terms & conditions and it is subject to the Council approval whereby the final decision will be informed to the applicant.
RELATED TO THE CONTRACTOR
The fee for contractor registration form is RM50.00 per year.
- A copy of Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia Certificate (SSM).
- A copy of CIDB Certificate
- A copy of Bumiputra Status Work Contractor Certificate
- A copy of Contractor Service Centre Certificate (SPKK)
- Company Profile (if any)
- Current Account Financial Statement
The contractor can re-claim the deposit/performance bond after the liability defects period ended and required to submit the claim letter to the Engineering Department.
RELATED TO AN ENGINEERING PLAN
No, according to the Building By-Laws, Road and Drainage and Earthworks Act, a legal action can be imposed to the applicant/developer.
This plan application can be submitted at the OSC Unit, Seremban City Council.
RELATED TO A ROUTE PASS PERMIT
Yes, the Technical Department/applicant is required to submit an application letter together with the deposit to the Council, however before it can be initiated it is subject to the terms & conditions and regulation of the drilling works.
The Road drilling permit is an approval or written order by the Mayor issued by the Engineering Department for utility works such as TNB, SAINS, IWK, TELEKOM, telco companies and others.
- An application form for road drilling can be obtained at the Engineering Department.
- Send application > Comply all the terms & conditions > Application will be brought up into the meeting > If approve, the term & conditions letter will be issued > Deposit payment to the Council > Drilling permit will be issued
The application process for obtaining the drilling permit on the road reserve is within 14 days. The application process starts from receiving a complete application, complying all the terms & conditions and up to when the application is brought up to the task force committee meeting.
Assessment tax payment can be done in a several ways
- Online via https://epay.mbs.gov.my
- Payment counter, Seremban City Council
- Drive-thru Counter, Seremban City Council
- Payment Counter, Nilai Branch Office, Seremban City Council
- Drive-thru Counter, Nilai Branch Office, Seremban City
- Collection agencies appointed by the Seremban City Council.
Yes, through the following link :- https://epay.mbs.gov.my
Click Here to find out the payment method via online.
Checking can be made via: -
- Online Checking
- Call the hotline MBS 06 -765 4333
- Or visit at Seremban City Council and MBS Branch offices
- Claim through Debt Collector Panel
- Claim through Legal Panel
- Caveat Action onto the property
- Payment offers via instalment
- Payment offer via salary deduction for MBS staff
If the payment claim is complete and organize, the payment will be available within 14 working days from the received date of a completed claim by the Payment Unit, Finance Department
- Original refund receipt
- A copy of bank statement
- Deposit refund claim form (completed)
- A copy of identity card/ SSM for a company
A statutory declaration is required which stated the receipt and payment amount.
An assessment tax or quit rent is a tax imposed to the building/land located within the vicinity of the Council area such as: -
- Residency building (apartment, flat, terrace, bungalow and others)
- Manufacturer Building (factory and warehouse)
- Building / business building (shop, office, supermarket, hotel, petrol station and others)
- Agriculture land, vacant land and development land
It will be done through a property inspection site visit and valuation based on the Annual Valuation and a gazetted percentage rate. An “Annual Value” means an estimation of a reasonable annual gross rental that is expected to be collected from a year to another year from the holdings if it is rented out.
The Statement Notice of Valuation List Amendment is an informant notice to the owner related to the changes in their property Annual Valuation that will result into changes in their annual assessment tax amount. The notice will be issued accordance to the Section 144, Act 171 and will give a chance to the property owner to make an objection toward the changes in an Annual Value within a time period stated in the notice.
Any objections are allowed under the Section 142 (1), Act 171 towards unsatisfied owner against the changes of an Annual Value as stated in the Statement Notice of Valuation List Amendment as follows : -
- A holding is valued higher compared to a value that is supposed to be.
- A holding which has been valued which is in fact a holding that is supposed not to be taxable.
- A person or a holding which should be listed has not been listed.
- A holding is valued lower than it should be.
- A holding is valued jointly or separately whereas it should be valued separately.
Any objection which is not related to the above matter will not be considered.
Although you have not receive any services from the council as mentioned above, it has been your duty to pay the tax as allocated under Section 146, Act 171. However, if the tax is not paid therefore it will be regarded as an arrears as stated under Section 147 (2), Act 171 and these arrears can be claimed as stated under Section 148, Act 171.
The purpose of this imposed assessment tax is to finance: -
- Public service construction and maintenance such as multipurpose hall, public toilet, bus stop, children playground, recreational park, market and others.
- The construction and maintenance of children playground and other public facilities.
- An infrastructure’s preservation and maintenance such as street, drainage, ditch and others.
- Installation and maintenance of street light.
- Development in the Council area.
- Disposal and collection of solid waste. This is for the wellbeing of the people especially in the Council administration area.
The assessment tax will be sent to the owner latest by the second week in the month of January for the first half of the year and latest by second week in July for the second half of the year. If you do not receive the bill, the owner may collect self-collect at the Council. The owner who did not receive latest bill is required to bring the previous bill or your property account number or property address.
According to Section 160, Act 171, when a proportional holding in a Council area was sold or transfer ownership, the buyer or recipient must make the transfer within 3 month after the sale or transfer, notice there of must be given to the Council in the Property Owner Name Change Form which can be obtained at the assessment tax check counter at the Council office. The supporting documents required are a copy of latest grant / agreement letter or Form 14A, a copy of latest tax assessment and a copy of identity card.
The tax assessment can be paid twice a year which is on or before 28th February for the first half of the year and on or before 31st August for the second half of the year. If the owner wishes to pay the assessment tax for one year they may do so before 28th February for that particular year.
The payment settlement date to observe in order to avoid the penalty is the first half of the year starting 1st Jan up to 28th Feb and for the second half of the year starting 1st July until 31st August every year. An E Notice which cost RM20.00 will be imposed to each owner for every half year and the full payment is required to be settled after 15 days claim notice is issued. If it still unpaid, the detention warrant will be issued in line with Section 148 (4), Act 171.
- You may print the assessment through online service, click Online Checking
- You may visit MBS office main counter and contact with the Financial Department. You must bring yourprevious assessment tax or bill assessment tax account number to get a copy of the latest print-out bill, kindly bring the property details in order the checking can be done.
- Besides that, you need to ensure that the corresponding address is accurate so that the bill can be send to the right address. If there is any changes on the address, you are required to update the corresponding address at the Property Valuation, MBS.
Although the house is unoccupied or vacant since no one has rented out the property, the owner still needs to pay assessment tax, however, he/she may apply for remission. The owner has to submit application letter and related documents to the Council.
The bill is posted to the address given by the developer. If the owner has moved out from the related address, the owner is required to inform the MBS the latest updated address in order to update in their record. If the owner has not received the bill, probably it was sent to the previous address.
The MBS’s park and landscape Department always encourage the public to decorate their vicinity area such as the residency area, shophouse, school and kindergarten by supplying hedges and flower plant to meet the purpose. The department is also planning to organize a contest to promote the public to beautify their residency area.
The Park and Landscape Department has managed and monitored the landscape maintenance regularly through either internally or via contractor appointment. The landscape maintenance is divided into:
- Main road and city centre
- Recreational parks
- Main tress
The public may lodge a complaint related to the landscape such as tree pruning via online at SISPAA links or call the hotline at 06 - 765 4444.
Yes. The Park and Landscape Department does provide a tree maintenance and cleaning service after the tree has been cut off but limited only to the tree planted by the Council. However, for any private tree such as fruit or decoration tree planted by the public, they must maintain by themselves.
The Park and Landscape Department will provide a transportation service such as a lorry and workers based on the requirement of the event.
Other recreational area located within the MBS administration area such as Rantau Square, Nilai Square, Rasah Kemayan, Nilai Public Park, Pinggiran Senawang Neighbourhood Park, Malaysia Park Budaya Park, Bicycle Park, Orkid Park, Tasik Jaya Public Park and Seremban Square.
MBS mempunyai 25 buah dewan dan hanya 4 daripadanya yang menawarkan perkhidmatan penghawa dingin iaitu :
- Dewan Majlis Bandaraya Seremban
- Dewan Perbandaran Nilai
- Dewan Komuniti Taman Coral Heights
- Dewan Orang Ramai Taman Tuanku Jaafar
Pemohon boleh menyemak dahulu kekosongan dewan merujuk kepada kalendar tempahan dewan di Portal MBS (Rakyat/Perkhidmatan/Kemudahan Awam & Tempahan). Sekiranya ingin meneruskan tempahan, sila hadir ke kaunter 5, Wisma MBS untuk berurusan dengan pegawai yang bertanggungjawab.
Pemohon boleh rujuk Portal MBS bagi mengetahui kadar caj sewaan terkini. Untuk makluman, kadar sewaan dewan-dewan di Zon Seremban dan Zon Nilai adalah berbeza. Dewan-dewan Zon Seremban hanya menawarkan harga sewaan mengikut setiap penggunaan (lump sum) manakala dewan-dewan Zon Nilai pula menawarkan harga sewaan mengikut jam.
Pemohon perlu mengemukakan surat permohonan dan mengisi borang kebenaran penutupan jalan di Jabatan Khidmat Pengurusan MBS. Pemohon juga boleh mendapatkan borang tersebut di Portal MBS sahaja.
The public may lodge a complaint through the following channels:
- SISPAA: https://mbseremban.spab.gov.my/
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaint hotline: 06 765 4444
- Mobile Application: Respon Rakyat
Go to Main Menu / Download Form OR People / Service / Download Form OR search Download Form
- Assessment Tax
- Car park compound
- Business license application (based on terms and conditions)
A Customer complaint is a dissatisfaction issue facing by the public and the customer towards provided services given by MBS.
Responsible party: Customer Service Unit
Responsible party: Department Desk Officer (1-3) and Customer Service Unit (4-5)
Addition and Renovation
Yes. For all new additional or addition / renovation buildings, an application plan must be submitted to MBS through a registered Architect Consultant or Draughtsman.
No. The construction works can only be started once the application plan is approved by the Council.
The new wall or original wall with a length not more that 1800mm (6’0”) from the ground level and the structure does not go beyond the owner lot, together with the written agreement from the adjacent neighbour.
The neighbour consent letter is necessary if any damage/disturbances happen to the side building during renovation works when it is carried out. If any damages to the side building (joint) occur during the construction, the building owner is responsible to resolve any complaint or problem arise.
A Structure without MBS approval
Section 70 (1), Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974 (Act 133) – Stated that no one can build a structure without written approval from the local authority. All buildings construction or addition /renovation without any approval from the PBT or construction which is not accordance to the approved plan, will be considered as against the Section 70 (Act 133).
The council may bring this case to the Court and an offence can be convicted with a fine not more than Ringgit Malaysia fifty thousand (RM50,000.00) or imprisonment for a period not more than three (3) years or both and an additional fine of Ringgit Malaysia One Thousand (RM1,000.00) can be imposed for each offences continue even after the conviction, according to the Section 70 (13), Street, Drainage and Building 1974 (Act 133).
A Strata scheme is a property development that divides building or land to lots, accessories lot and joint-property and the management system already specified for that scheme. For example, flat, condominium, townhouse, shophouse, office, SOHO, business complex and houses within the gated community scheme.
A strata management is the stratified building and joint-property management and maintenance within a strata scheme.
A lot is an individual unit within a certain strata scheme. A land lot is a land lot individual unit that has a building not more than 4-storey in a strata scheme.
An accessory lot is used as an adjunct with the lot and exclusively used by the lot buyer/owner. Please take note that the accessory lot cannot be sold separately. For example: Parking lot.
Each lot is given a share value according to the width of the lot floor area and subject to the ballast stated under Act 757 or Strata Ownership Act 1985. This share unit is essential served as a determining factor to:
- Lot owner voting rights;
- Rights against the profit from land sale if there is termination of building division occurs; and
- Total maintenance charge contribution that is payable.
A section whereby all lot buyers/owners can enjoy in addition to the lot/accessory lot. For example, visitor parking lot, lift, stair, main pipe tank, letter box, security guard house, open space, landscape area, swimming pool, wall fence, hall, court, children playground and others.
Strata Management Act 2013 (Act 757) and Strata Management Terms & conditions (Maintenance & Management) 2015, Strata Management Terms & conditions (Strata Management Tribunal) 2015 & Strata Ownership Act 1985.
Apart from that, Strata Ownership Act Division VI 1985 also contained allocation related to the division building management (strata ownership has been issued).
The vacant possession (VP) submission is after the strata ownership has been issued, the building and joint-property will manage and maintain by three different management entities.
- The responsible party to manage is the developer and the starting period is between the formation date of VP up to when the JMB is formed (12 month after VP is issued).
- After the first meeting has been conducted by the developer, then the new JMB is formed and will be taking over the management which consist of the developer and lot owners. During the management period performed by both developer and JMB, the strata ownership application concurrently will be processed at the land office.
- Finally, when the strata ownership is issued and registered, MC will be established automatically and JMB will be dissolved.
After the vacant possession has been delivered to the buyer, the developer is required to surrender the maintenance and management responsibility to the JMB by organizing the first meeting within the first 12 months.
The purpose of JMB establishment is to provide an opportunity to the buyer to manage and maintain the building and joint property. Hopefully this will give a chance for you and the other owner to gain some experiences in the maintenance and management thus create a good relationship with the developer.
JMB establishment starts from the first meeting date which is required to be held not later day than twelve (12) months from the date the buyer received the vacant ownership. The task for calling and managing the first meeting is under the developer responsibility. If the developer failed to do so within the stipulated time, COB can appoint another party to manage it.
The buyer who has settled the service payment is qualified to vote in the JMB meeting. The joint buyer is not eligible to vote unless he/she is appointed as proxy. If after half an hour of the meeting is conducted, the total number of members who presence is not enough to form a quorum, therefore any presence members who are eligible to vote can form a quorum.
The function of JMB acted as a responsible body to manage and maintain a building and joint-property. Apart from that, another JMB’s role is to insure the building and submit a claim when it is required. It is therefore become a duty for JMB to determine the maintenance and contribution charge rate to the sinking fund group and save it in the maintenance and sinking fund account for auditing purpose. The number of JMB consist of the developer and around 3-14 of lot buyers. All JMB members can hold a position as a chairman, secretary and treasury for a period not more than two (2) years, whereas the management committee is not more than three term consecutively. The management committee can also be appointed during AGM every year.
The Management Corporation (MC) is a joint-property owner and as a custodian for issuing ownership document for the land area where the strata scheme is build. The Management Corporation is a body that can charge and can be charged. It is formed under Strata Ownership Act 1985 and is not required to be registered with the Company Registrar or Corporation Registrar. It has a perpetual succession.
Management Corporation is responsible to execute the following matters : -
- Managing and maintaining the joint-property perfectly;
- Opening and maintaining the Maintenance Account and the Sinking fund to support any administration expenses as well as responsible in claiming any arrears for both account
- Insuring the building in term of building structure and joint-property against the fire or other risk;
- Complying any notice or order from the local authority related to the joint-property; and
- Preparing and maintaining a stratified roll that includes detail such as lot, ownership, building, first owner, MC, lot, lot owner and transaction.
- Enforcing By-Laws for the purpose of maintaining and managing the building completely.
- Organizing an Annual General Meeting once a year and Extraordinary Meeting if necessary.
- Imposing contribution to the lot owner according to the specified rate based on their respective lot share units;
- Buying, renting or acquiring a movable property for the usage related to the joint property;
- Borrowing a sufficient loan in executing its power or implementing its tasks and repayment of the loan together with the interest;
- Taking action against the lot owner if he/she failed to comply the instruction with a certain period;
- Requesting payment from the lot owner that is spend by the MC related to the lot owner’s affairs who failed to comply the local authority notices or order; and
- Performing all reasonable matters to execute their task and enforcing the By-Laws.
The Building Commissioner (COB) is formed on 12th April 2007 in line with the Building and Joint-property Building Act (Maintenance and Management) 2007 (Act 633) (has been repealed and was replaced with the Strata Management Act 2013 (Act 757) starting 1st June 2015). The role of COB Unit is the legislation executioner and regulator related to the strata building and joint-property management and maintenance in Seremban City Council area. Besides that, this unit also plays a sustainable role in term of wellbeing and harmonious aspect between the developer, buyer and owner in the stratified development area.
COB or any person authorized at all reasonable time,
- Has full and free access to the accounting records and other corporation records as well as making a copy or drawing from any other accounting or other records;
- Performing inspection and investigation to determine whether any offences under Act 757 is committed and can confiscate any books, accounts or document under this Act;
- Appointing management agent to execute power and to perform the task and function as the developer, JMB or MC after with contentment that they are functioning unsatisfactorily and for the interest of lot owner;
- Giving order (via written) to JMB/JMC to organize an extraordinary meeting. COB can also allow any owner to hold an extraordinary meeting if they are satisfied that the JMB/MC is not performed appropriately;
- COB or any person who is authorized at all reasonable time, entering any building, land or premise for the purpose to perform any repairing or urgent work to the building, land or premise;
- Charging any person who, with a reasonable doubt, failed or refused to pay the management and maintenance payment;
- Imposing a compound to any offence against the Act 757 or any terms & conditions under this Act by collecting from the person who is suspected to commit an offence with total of compound not more that maximum penalty amount specified for that offence; and
- Any person who has assaulted, obstructed, hindered or delayed the COB or any person who is authorised in executing his responsibility under the Act 757, has committed an offence and when is convicted can be penalized as stated under the Act.
The developer, JMB or MC need to open and maintain two type of accounts and all service payments from the buyer and owner will be debited into this account. Below are these two accounts :
- Maintenance Account
The purpose of this account is to fund the administration expenditure in executing the task of monitoring, managing and administrating the joint-property such as tax payment, rate and insurance premium and any other obligation which is necessary. Under MC, the management fund group can also be used for investment but require approval in the general meeting; and
- The sinking fund account
The purpose of this account is to fund the joint-property maintenance that requires a huge amount of expenditure such as painting in any part of the joint property, acquiring any movable asset for the joint usage or upgrading or replacing the fixture or fitting.
All accounts should be audited once a year by the professional auditor.
A Sinking Fund served as an emergency fund whereby all monies will be used especially for repairing and replacing the new facility, purchase of a premium fire extinguisher for the whole apartment, painting the whole building and others. The sinking fund is about 10 percent from the total service payment imposed by the management, starting from the date of the vacant possession.
The developer or JMB is required to organize, maintain and enforce the By-Laws. It is a specified law to be complied to all occupants and it can be updated or modify from time to time. This terms & conditions covering all aspects including the security, cleanliness, joint-property safe-keeping, car parking terms & conditions, visitor and others which can or cannot do by the buyer or the lot occupant.
In addition to contribute the payment service or charge or contribution as well as attending the Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting, the owner and occupant are required to comply the allocated terms & conditions specified in the By-Laws such as follows:
- Allowing the corporation and their agents at all reasonable time and with a notice (except during the emergency matters whereby no notice is required) to enter the lot for the purpose of :
- inspecting the lot;
- maintaining, fixing or renewing the pipe, wire, cable and channel:
- maintaining, fixing and renewing the joint property; and
- executing any works or doing any necessary works.menyenggara, membaiki atau membaharui paip, wayar, kabel dan saluran;
- By expediting all works order by the public local authority related to its lot;
- Fixing and maintaining the lots;
- Did not use or allow his/her lots in a way that can cause disturbances or dangerous to another owner or to the owner family;
- Did not use his/her lot in a way that is against the terms & conditions of lot usage;
- Immediately inform the corporation related to any changes proposed regarding to his/her lot or any dealings related to his/her lot;
- Using and enjoying the joint-property in a way without unreasonable disturbances of the joint-property usage by other owner of their family or visitor.
The By-Laws have clearly listed the prohibitions against the lot owner which is :
- Using his/her lot for any means that is against the laws that can damage the good names of the building;
- Using the fuel or any other substances or material that can result into a smoke or fumes or bad odour;
- Throwing or allowing any dirt or garbage fall to the joint-property except into the garbage waste maintained by the owner or garbage chute allocated in the building; or
- Keeping any pets in his/her lot or to any joint-property that can cause annoyance to other owner.